Vacant Stadium Draft Set for New Years Day
League owners voted to implement a new draft to enable the relocation of PGBL teams to new ballparks starting with the 2018 PGBL Season. The new Vacated Stadium Draft will be implemented every five seasons, with the first draft to be scheduled on New Years Day, 2018, with start time to be determined.
The Vacated Stadium Draft will follow these rules:
- Draft order is determined randomly, with teams assigned numbers 1-20 based on alphabetical order, and randomly reordered using Random.org.
- Picks are NOT tradable.
- Draft is limited to two rounds
- In order to keep the draft moving along, teams must provide their planned participation in the draft prior to the start of the draft. If a team has not indicated their planned participation, they will be excluded from participation. Once the draft has begun, only teams that said they intended to participate can make selections.
- If a team indicates they intend to participate, they are not obligated to switch stadiums, and can choose to not make a selection during the draft.
- The will be a strict 2 minute time limit for teams to make selections. If a team fails to make a selection within 2 minutes, their pick is forfeited.
- Teams automatically vacate their current stadium if they select a new stadium, and their vacated stadium is available for other teams to select, once vacated.